The Canadian Mental Health Association – BC Division will be administering the request for expression of interest “REOI” for community-based organizations to lead Peer Assisted Care Teams in three communities: Comox Valley, Kamloops, and Prince George.
In 2022, the Province of BC committed $10 million for new and existing Peer Assisted Care Teams. These are mobile community-led crisis teams that are trained to de-escalate mental-health crisis situations and provide trauma informed, culturally safe support. The team will be made up of peers with lived experience and mental-health professionals who will serve people aged 13 and above.
A Peer Assisted Care Team is led by a client-centered non-profit or charitable organization in an identified local community area. Current teams include:
- North Shore – CMHA North/West Vancouver
- New Westminster – Purpose Society
- Victoria – AVI Health and Community Services
On Friday June 7, 2023, the Province of BC announced that a Peer Assisted Care Team (PACT) will be coming to three new communities: Comox Valley, Kamloops and Prince George.
A Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) to select the service provider(s) in each of these communities is open as of Monday, August 28, 2023, and CMHA BC is accepting applications until
Friday, September 29, 2023 | Friday, October 6, 2023 11:59 pm PST | FINAL DEADLINE: Monday, October 16, 2023, 11:59 pm PST
Please review the material below and attend an upcoming EOI info session.
All applicants must read the Submission Guidelines
To be eligible, the applicant (or in the case of a collaborative proposal the lead organization) must:
- Be legally incorporated and have a status as a not-for-profit and/or a registered charitable organization;
- Have internal governance structures and accountability measures such as practices and procedures for internal controls and accountability (e.g., audited statements), and;
- Satisfy all requirements, produce the required documents outlined in the Request for EOI, and comply with all applicable laws, bylaws, regulations, and policies of the Province of BC and your community.
Other submission guidelines to review:
- Consent must be provided by authorized individuals.
- All information provided in your application must be accurate and truthful, and we will be asking for your consent for CMHA BC to collect, use and disclose your information for the sole purpose of this EOI.
- The EOI is requesting to select service providers for 3 communities. One award will be provided to each community to a solo organization or a collaborative.
- Organizations interested in applying for more than one community must submit separate applications.
- Incomplete applications, and documents submitted after the submission deadline will not be accepted and your organization will be deemed ineligible for this EOI.
Resources for Applicants
- Submission Guidelines
- Survey Monkey Apply Guidebook
- Application Form: select the button “Apply”
- Budget Template
EOI Virtual Information Session
Applicants and interested community organizations are encouraged to attend one of the following info sessions to learn more about the application process:
- EOI Info Session 1: Wednesday, September 6, 2022, at 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Register Here
- EOI Info Session 2: Friday, September 22, 2022, at 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Register Here
For support, questions, or more information please contact us: PACT@cmha.bc.ca