Join our Youth Advisory Committee and make an impact!
Are you 14-24? You can make a difference. Help us raise awareness by informing our campaign on substance use awareness.
In 2022, we worked with a Youth Advisory Committee to co-design, develop, and guide a campaign on youth substance use: the More Than the Substance Campaign.
We’re looking to continue this conversation and engage a new Youth Advisory Committee to guide the direction of a new phase of the More Than the Substance Campaign.
We are looking for youth to co-design, develop new content, and help spread the word. The committee will meet 4-5 times over the course of 5 months. We are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone to participate in a meaningful way.
- Provide feedback and input into an awareness campaign
- Inform new content, offer feedback on the awareness campaign
- Help us identify how best to reach youth
- Take action and influence efforts to help support youth and prevent harms
- Experience being part of a committee and learn about campaign development
- Connect with peers who share your interests in helping others
- 14-18 years old and living in BC – Group 1
- 18-24 years old and living in BC – Group 2
- We encourage representation from diverse youth, including Indigenous youth, youth that identify as LGBTQ2S+ and youth with lived and living experience related to drug use
- We encourage participation from youth in different communities throughout BC
When and where?
You can participate virtually or by phone. Meetings will be held every two to four weeks in evenings. Please plan to attend 4-5 sessions over the course of the next 5 months.
Interested in joining?
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 8, 2023